Christina In London Bristol
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
 
Home again, home again, jiggety jig.
I’ve been awake for almost six hours, which makes sense but is going to be painful later in the day. London is comparatively cold and grey, and cockroaches have been spotted *in* *the* *fridge* and I need to start studying for exams, but it’s actually kind of nice to be home. I have a phone interview tomorrow about a possible industry project in Bristol, and a phone date this afternoon with a friend in San Francisco during which we may discuss possible projects there or maybe Barbados, so who knows how long this will be home.

My flatmates missed me. They are tremendously envious of my trip and made me tell them about it through my it-feels-like-3-in-the-morning haze before I was allowed to sleep last night, and we were all ludicrous and punchy -- them from exam stress and me from travel fatigue -- and I’m going to miss them all after June.

I went for a walk in Kensington Gardens at 6:30 a.m. wearing my dorky dancesport fleece and STILL feeling cold. Sigh. One of the many joggers had a uberenergetic little brown dog (possibly a wheaten terrier) with him who went tearing off after any pigeons that ventured within 50 m of the path, and would then rocket off back to his owner. He was like an anti-bird perpetual motion device. Which amused me.

And now I should get some things done. If you feel so inclined, you can now make comments again thanks to the Great Blogger Relaunch. If people nag enough, I might actually write something about how much I enjoyed Singapore and how delightful the shopping and how very, very delicious the food.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger