Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Mission: decrankification
The shorter days, the gloomy skies, and the drizzle of late have been making me mutter "now is the winter of our discontent", as I wrap my scarf more snuggly about my neck. That despite two lovely, relaxing, SUNNY weeks in Canada at the end of September seeing many of my favourite people, and a rainy/cloudy but salubrious 48 hours in France with another favourite person this past weekend.
I was remarkably free of this Seasonally Affective crankiness last fall, at least as I remember it. While London might have been reasonably sunny for October, and my courses were engaging, and my flatmates and coursemates delightful company, my working hypothesis for why the lack-of-light blues didn't get me down then is that dance classes were an anti-lugubriousness tonic and all-round panacea.
Conclusion: I must start dancing in Bristol. I'm taking a vocal technique class through Bristol University's drama department on Tuesday nights, and want to leave weekends free for trips or less-scheduled hanging out, but otherwise I'm checking out the following:
| Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 8 pm
Le Roc Beginners | 7-10 pm,
in 45 minute segments Ballroom and Latin | 8:30 pm
Salsa or Rueda Beginners or 7-11 pm Tango classes and practica or 9-10:30 pm Tango Argentino Intermediate classes | 8 pm
Le Roc U of Bristol or 7:45-9:10pm Salsa Beginners 9:15-10:30pm Salsa Improvers | 7:30 or 7:45pm
Tango salon | 7:30-8:15 pm
Salsa & Rueda Beginners or 7:30-8:30pm Salsa Introductory |
More links so that I don't forget them:
- Le Roc events
- Salsa workshop Oct 24
- University of Bristol Dance Society classes
- Bristol dance links from the BBC