Christina In London Bristol
Sunday, October 26, 2003
 
Further proof of globalisation
The street I live on has a Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Starbucks, and probably more American franchises I'm forgetting. I keep meaning to check out the menu at Subway -- there are many weird (to me) sandwich topping combinations in this country, and I want to see if Subway adapts to local culture at all. If tuna and sweetcorn is an option, the answer is yes.

This afternoon Future ISConsultant and I were in the kitchen unpacking groceries from Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market. A car was illegally parked across the street, with the windows open, Eminem playing loudly. A little kid (9, 10?) was sitting in the front passenger seat, singing along an octave or two higher "I'm sorry, Mama. I never meant to hurt you" and gesticulating wildly. I was torn between laughing and "awwww"ing.

Future ISConsultant's assessment:
"He's a rude boy in the making, but for now he's very sweet."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger