Christina In London Bristol
Friday, November 07, 2003
 
Fake milk
Future ThinkTanker helpfully sent me this Slate article about milk substitutes. I never really liked milk, but I have the following quibbles with their methodology:
  1. Low fat soy/rice milk does tend to be "white-colored water". The fatty stuff tastes better. Fat-free So Good is decent, but maybe they don't sell it outside Canada.
  2. blatant product advocacyThey didn't try Silk Chocolate. It is delicious, has great dunkability, and is not even remotely vegetably tasting (unless you're arguing chocolate a vegetable.) Wasserstein does note he's a fan of chocolate soy milk. I think they should have run a separate blind test for chocolate milks and pseudomilks. Who needs plain to be like the real thing (other than in baking) when you can drink chocolate or vanilla?
I've tried two different soy beverages here -- both were kind of meh, not awful but not worth drinking on their own. Good enough to put on my oatmeal. In the end, this is all I need.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger