Christina In London Bristol
Wednesday, November 12, 2003
 
Iconoclassic
This evening I attended a public lecture on the future. Ian Pearson both scared the shit out of me and amused me, as futurologists are wont to do. I don't want candy with embedded microprocessors that set up cell phone networks. Or video tattoos. Or computer-composed novels.

Instead of smart candy, I am all about the sorbet. After the talk I went out for Thai food with another Canadian, and a postprandial walk on the Waterloo bridge (a frequent subject of Monet's). We then went to the Savoy Hotel, where they were kind enough to serve us dessert at a couch in the Thames Foyer even though it was from the restaurant's dinner menu. Excellent wild strawberry/lime and rosemary sorbets (though not on the higher plane of that Parisian raspberry sorbet). I love that if you're polite and willing to pay, you can be as "iconoclassic" (my dining companion's neologism, perfectly suited to the Savoy) as you like in nice hotels.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger