Monday, November 24, 2003
Time sensitive photos
For the next two hours or so, you can view pictures of my dance partner and I here (there are a few other pictures, but I have a dorky expression in those and so won't link):
ballroom 1
ballroom 2
jive
I'm the one without glasses. And leading with my arm too low on her back. And endlessly self-critical.
The team photographer has limited web space, so the next batch goes up at midnight here.
We made it to the second round in each dance (waltz, quickstep, cha cha, jive) before getting eliminated. It wasn't as much of a culture shock as I expected and after the first jittery, adrenaline-full round it was a lot of fun, but:
- I hate leading mostly because I'm bad at it but also because I don't want to be the guy, I want to be the girl;
- My partner has a very busy schedule and doesn't think she'll be making it to team practices that often;
- I want to win at some point and want to get as good as all the sparkly, sequiny, advanced dancers, which requires more practice; hence
- I
wantneed a man. For a dance partner, that is. Otherwise, like a fish needs a bicycle, or something.
