Wednesday, January 14, 2004
assshakemanship
Before heading to the Tuns, I followed a link from somewhere (Caterina maybe) and ended up at this page, a discussion of whether more men than women blog or not. About which I care not one whit and yet (because clearly I have no sense) I was reading through the comments despite my general distaste for meta discussions about the nature of blogging. Then this paragraph from a comment by Julius, whoever he is, made it all worthwhile:
People who blog as a social outlet are those with more intelligence than looks, more opinions than charm, more penmanship than assshakemanship. So to speak.
Julius just made me break my self-imposed rule about not blogging about blogging, but I thought if it made me laugh, maybe it would make you laugh too. Through a trackback to that article to rebecca's pocket, I also found Theory of the Daily, a blog on 'The domestic and the everyday in literature, history, philosophy, and science'. Which I need to check out when I'm caught up on all the domestic tasks that have fallen by the wayside since I got back to London.
Dance classes start again tonight, I will be working on my hip action. Assshakemanship, so to speak.
