Friday, January 09, 2004
Canadian Cityscapes (for my Torontonian friends, primarily)
(in which I almost pretend this is actually a blog, and not just a way of examining my navel so that I remember my past in the future)
Via Caterina I found this beautiful time lapse movie of Toronto skyline. In some ways the one on this page appeals more, because the moon looks so cute and fake, but the September version has, after dawn, the bright crisp light that makes me all nostalgic for time spent in Toronto visiting some of my favourite people.
I am in grave danger of spending all evening exploring daily dose of imagery instead of getting my mathematical program project finished. Or just watching the CN Tower timelapse over and over again.
For the non-Centre of the Universals, there's also a cool bird's eye view of Montreal. If the camera had just been facing slightly to the right, I'd be able to magnify my would-be-favourite-ever-except-for-the-mice-and-the-drafts apartment, on Clark. That is de l'Esplanade in the foreground, and Mont Royal and Marie Anne headed brightly into the frame, right?
