Christina In London Bristol
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
 
Fuck.
I just had a doctor's appointment at the campus health centre -- it was a follow-up thing to check that the inhaler I'm now using morning and night has improved my peak flow. Which it has, hooray. Go lungs.

Last night, though, I started feeling very dizzy for no discernable reason around 8 pm -- I lay in bed for a few hours until it subsided, but I'm still feeling mildly dizzy. I told the doctor about this, and he's given me a prescription for tablets to take for three weeks and told me to go stay in bed, avoiding light and noise, for 24 hours. Better today than yesterday, I'll just cancel tutoring tomorrow and should be fine for dance practice tomorrow night. When he was explaining it, though, the page he brought up on the computer was about Meniere's disease, which I really really really have no interest in having. Progressive hearing loss, tinnitus, and periodic episodes of vertigo, please NO.

I don't think the doctor diagnosed me with that, though, and he definitely didn't do a diagnosis of exclusion -- I am choosing to believe I am just a bit overtired and have an inner ear infection. And an unwanted excuse to lie in bed doing nothing for 24 hours. And no reason not to compete in at the next University dancesport competition in Sheffield in 2 weeks.

This isn't just denial -- I wasn't vomiting and my ears weren't ringing. I didn't notice any hearing loss, either, but might just not have been paying attention. The Merck page on Vertigo isn't reassuring me as much as I'd like.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger