Friday, January 16, 2004
"I go one better / I'm indebted / to a contact magazine"
I'm indebted to the internet (and to dance) for getting me over my cranky mood. BeaucoupKevin has been sending me the funniest email. No one else has ever written email to anyone that is funnier. No, you're wrong. You haven't, they haven't. KEVIN WINS. But since you didn't get the e-mail, you can go read his friend Rob (the genius behind CAT TOWN and many other funny things)'s take on the trailer for FOUNDATION, starring Will Smith.
I love the internet.
Another great internet find that made me happy was a legal analysis of The Lord of the Rings by Adam Rosman. How can you not love something that starts with the title
Gandalf as Torturer:
The “Ticking Bomb” Terrorist and Due Process
in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings
?
I self-medicated with Tango the dance instead of booze+Tango the drink on Wednesday to get over the project hand-in not-letting-go. I have this whole essay building within me about dance as therapy, and how tango is particularly helpful for control freaks like me, but it's not funny enough yet so I can't post it. In the meantime, I found an actual workshop combining psychotherapy and tango. Which isn't what I'm looking for, plus with tango, having the woman lead is all wrong. TangoCamp, on the other hand, combines several of my favourite things: Tango, Sweden, Midsommar. And it's affordable-ish. Hmmm.
