Christina In London Bristol
Thursday, January 01, 2004
 
This one time? At dance camp?
Happy 2004! I am such a geek. I spent New Year's Eve with my grandma, watching the end of Saturday Night Fever on TV, then I drove her home at 9 and got back to simulating. We both liked the dancing part of SNF; the people screwing unhappily in the backs of cars and falling off bridges not so much. Maybe it helps if you watch more than the last 15 minutes.

My grandma's New Year's resolution is to stop buying shampoo for my cousin just because it's on sale. I think my cousin has several years' worth of shampoo stocked away, as it's what she gets along with cheques for significant holidays. I get small shower gel and bubble bath sets, so my stock pile isn't as great.

I decided to go with frivolous but utility-enhancing resolutions I might actually keep. It's all about increasing utility:
  1. more chocolate (dark, rich, bitter, and fair trade)
  2. more wine (in rational amounts, most of the time)
  3. more silly crushes
  4. more brunch
  5. more tangoing
And maybe I'll wear lipstick more often.

Anyway, I was taking a break from Simul8 to read the New York Times online and my reaction to a piece I read, not my oh so raucous New Year's Eve, is why I am a geek. There's an article on dance travel. And it sounds kind of fun. Though Ballroom Dance Camp sounds too geeky even for me, mostly because of the name. If I find an affordable dance camp with more tangoing on the schedule, I will be signing up.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger