Monday, February 02, 2004
Chain yankage
I've got five minutes before Strategy & OR or whatever it's called starts, so I checked my e-mail. Ran into John in the lab, he's finishing up the essay for the course I switched out of. He's not going to strategy, had already emailed me to that effect and asked me to pick up a copy of handouts. The post-request portion of his e-mail:
"You = the bomb. And a huge slacker. But I'm over it."
Which yanked my chain as intended; I read so many articles about ethics in OR this weekend for the debate we're presenting (with others) in a few weeks, and ran a huge number of errands, and then danced for four and a half hours yesterday. I don't feel very slack at all. I feel highly productive, very busy, and rather tired. But hey, I = the bomb.
