Christina In London Bristol
Monday, February 02, 2004
 
I = a huge dork
The weather's a bit warmer these days so my outerwear of choice is my new, red
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
DANCESPORT TEAM
fleece. It's spelled out like that (except centred) on the back and everything. On the front is the University of London crest and my name. Is there anything dorkier than the phrase DANCESPORT TEAM? No, there is not. I love it a lot.

This morning I was dozing after my alarm went off, running over in my head the new quickstep, cha, foxtrot and samba routines DancePartner and I learned yesterday. As I was mentally rounding the corners of the room, I kept finding myself think-dancing the cha cha turns instead of the quickstep ones. OH, THE INSANITY.

I can't really see that being interesting to anyone but me, so I may not be posting much for the next while; it's all dorking out on O.R. and dance, all the time in ChristinaWorld these days. I'm enjoying it, too. Agenda for tonight: more reading, more dancing, a lot more sleeping.

Oh, the other thing I'm up to is trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I have a tentative one-year plan, generated by a half-assed application of multicriteria decision analysis, but it depends on the validity of my five-year plan, generated by nothing so systematic. I would be going to the replay of the video of the George Soros debate I missed on Thursday, but am instead meeting up for coffee in an hour to network. No, not in a "if you know what I mean and I think you do" way. I seem to be surprisingly free of shyness and social anxiety of late, so I am battre-ing le fer quand il est chaud, comme il faut.

Go look at my pictures of Barthelona and the Lord Mayor's show. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing. If you feel like it. I'm not telling you how to run your life or anything, but I put them there so that you can look at them. Don't you know how hard I work to make you happy? Can't we all just get along?

Yes, more sleep tonight. I promise.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger