Christina In London Bristol
Friday, February 13, 2004
 
Why my brother rocks, one of many examples.
He put me on the guest list for Death Cab For Cutie at ULU, for which he was doing sound. I missed the support band because of dance practice, but arrived during the first song. DC4C make music that has nooks and spaces I can mentally crawl into; I was tired and it was packed and I was feeling too old for the crowd, but the music overcame that. Besides, I didn't have to pay. Somehow having no need to get my money's worth from something increases my enjoyment.

Afterwards Jas got me the drummer's set list (which I value primarily because others wanted it more than I did but ha ha, my brother is better than theirs, I win) and saved me from the coat check queue. And gave me excellent belated birthday reading material (including Wim Wenders pictures) I don't really have time to read but when does that ever stop me?

For Jason, and for many other people I love, a non-romantic valentine: "if they made a cartoon of you".


<< Home

Powered by Blogger