Christina In London Bristol
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
 
John is an excellent friend.
He's a good host: he provided an extra bed in his room in Bankside so that I didn't need to worry about today's tube strike, since the residence hall is walking distance from LSE. He is letting me use his internet connection and ethernet cable. Furthermore he endorses lack of impulse control when I am whim-driven.

So when I decided to cut my hair about an hour ago, and discovered hair scissors in my toiletries bag, he didn't exactly egg me on but didn't take on a voice of reason role either.

I cut my hair

And, after fixing the back somewhat, he took a picture so you can see the back and front simultaneously:
the back is a bit weird

Bye bye, hair.
bye bye, hair

This may be a "London and I have started seeing other people" sort of breakup haircut. I may seek professional help (to even up the ends, or go shorter) on my return to Bristol.

Edit: John said that first picture was kind of titillating. He made an "rrrrr" noise. And I don't want it to be titillating! So because this is the internet, I am going to overexplain things and say I was wearing a tank top because I didn't want to get hair on my tshirt. So don't read too much into that. It's not a bra.
Comments:
Those of us with poor impulse control know better than to carry hair scissors in our toiletries bag! But the results look pretty good, and cool for the summer.
 
Those of us with poor impulse control know better than to carry hair scissors in our toiletries bag! But the results look pretty good, and cool for the summer.
 
The scissors in the toiletries bag are a result of my highly systematic packing and moving job. Highly systematic, I tell you. If I tell you often enough, will you believe me?

I had the scissors in my purse yesterday, so my brother fixed the front a bit; the results are no longer merely pretty good (which was generous, Anonymous commenter) but damn good. Now if only I can get the hairs out of my clothes, I'll be set.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger