Friday, June 18, 2004
Statistical observation
Apparently the only comment you're allowed to make upon seeing someone carrying a hockey bag full of laundry and text books is "Whad'you got in there, a body?" Of course, my sample size is only two. I'll see if I can't get more data on my way to London after work today.
The project is going well. It looks like a job for dynamic programming, at least to start. People at work are friendly, irreverent, cynical but direct and open, and wicked smart. My academic supervisor is a good guy. There are language classes starting in September, and yoga and pilates classes in the on-site gym. I like it here.
I biked to and from work Wednesday and Thursday, after buying a bike helmet Tuesday. It's uphill both ways, so I will quickly reacquire the Thighs of Steel I had before dancing ended in March. The downhill bits both ways are WHEEEEE! fun.
Links that you should check out if you've missed them, all but the first of them with sound:
A 4 star recipe -- 83% would make it again. This comment is my favourite:
I modified the recipe by adding a box of store bought spaghetti. After about ten minutes, the spaghetti was soft. Now I don't have to eat crunchy spaghetti anymore.
Trunk Monkey -- the best ads ever, especially the Theft Retrieval System one.
This is pretty and odd and I have no idea what it's about but I like it.
Hearts of Space sample programs -- for those who enjoy ambient, somewhat new-agey music.
CAT RAVE is so good. So are the CAT TOWN denizens' comments on the use of catnip.
