Christina In London Bristol
Thursday, July 22, 2004
 
Distinct? Distinctified? Distingue? Distank? Swotty, no doubt.
This morning (well, yesterday now, technically) provisional marks were available. I called Brenda, the deparmental manager long may she reign, and learned that I'm provisionally doing well enough to get distinction, should I do well on my project. Due to professorial illness or slackness, I only have my interim marks for three of my six half-credits completed so far. Still, it's better than how much information I had on my progress yesterday. And I more than passed the course I was most worried about, with the final paper that not only kept me from going to Thailand but was also pants.

In the email about their availability, she warned "Please remember these will only be provisional marks, and therefore may change." Despite that there are plans afoot to celebrate this feedback, in its "oh-so-not-firmness." (TM John)

And that's all I'll say about that, as I don't feel there needs to be an extensive written record of me swottily worrying about marks and whether I can do well on my somewhat-ambitiously-scoped dissertation project. It's not big, and it's not clever.

What is big and clever is that the back tyre/tire on my bike is no longer flat, thanks to the very nice people at the bike shop at the top of Whiteladies Road. I biked to and from work today. The wind in my face going down hills was most enjoyable, despite the rain.

For non-British readers, swottiness in context and a bit more definition-like.

And a link because Space Hijackers are way less boring than I currently am: RAAAA. I wish I'd witnessed that.
Comments:
Wooohoooo, Christina is provisionally a superstar! Not that we didn't know that all along. -Jess
 
Thanks for "swotty" definition.
But "pants"?
Is that also a Brit-ism?

BTW, unprovisional congratulations!
 
Thank you. Pants is underwear, and also "Nonsense, rubbish, bad."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger