Wednesday, July 14, 2004
Map-nerd links
I need the Way Out map. I know which carriage to board at Queensway, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn and Goodge St tube stations for maximum exit speed, if I am alighting at another of those stations, but there are so many more permutations and combinations to consider. (via Londonfilter)
If I could remember how I got there, I would now link to the site that stores websites in visual maps that led me to Open Secrets and Vitamin Q, both of which seem to be written by people in the vicinity. In trying to retrace links, I somehow ended up at journeyfile, informative in a different geographical way.
Edit: the site I couldn't remember was Gole. From Why Gole works:
Animals can recall and recognise spatial displays. No animal and not all humans can remember sequences of words.I think that "no animal" is overstating the case, but it does seem like a good idea.
