Christina In London Bristol
Thursday, August 12, 2004
 
A much needed laugh
Quentin emailed this; like him I'm skeptical that these insightful similes actually came from high school Essays. But I don't care. [Later: I lied, I do care, now that Russ has unearthed the original source, with attributions.] This is my favourite:
The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM.
In other news, I hate my dissertation and the fact that it's not just writing itself. There is no justice in the world. And no (NO!) sleep (SLEEP!) 'til Brooklyn (OR MAYBE SATURDAY WHEN I FINISH THE FIRST DRAFT AND THE DEBUGGING, ARGH!) (Apologies to the Beastie Boys).

I'm a bit stressed. Three more weeks. Forty pages. Many results to be generated.
Comments:
I believe this is the original source:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/invitational/invit990314.htm-Russ
 
Oh, thanks Russ. I'll fix the link.
 
John, you and G seem to be alternating jumping on the freakout bandwagon with me. The reason I'm aboard right now is I told my LSE supervisor I'd get him a draft of the project report this weekend. I'm hoping that after this weekend my stress/sanity level gets closer to normal for the next two weeks.

Question: how dorky is this that I'm commenting in my blog instead of calling you? Answer: very. But hi.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger