Christina In London Bristol
Thursday, November 25, 2004
 
Progress Report
So, back in September I posted about how my former flatmate Future ThinkTanker is now just plain ThinkTanker. Future ISConsultant is now just plain ISConsultant. And Future Ambassador always had a longer timeframe for that, but since graduating she's been avoiding the job search in Malaysia, Pakistan, and now India. I'm sure she'll get rid of the "Future" modifier sooner or later too.

In the last week and a half I've had two rounds of interviews with a management consulting firm in London, for a position in their Toronto office. The interviews were surprisingly fun. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I've made it to the final round. I also have an interview scheduled for Tuesday with another strategy consulting firm, for a position with either their Toronto or London office. And I've narrowed down the list of PhD programs of interest from three or four to one. It's in California. I realised that the only places I'm interested in living next year are London, Toronto and California. Or maybe Montreal.

Which still leaves a lot of consulting firms I could apply to, so I'm trying to narrow down that list by eliminating any companies that, for instance, reportedly only served jalapeno poppers as a vegetarian option at their recruiting event last year. (They also happen to pay less, but still.)

Even though it's gloomy and Novembery, England is lovely and green right now. And enchanting. On my train trips to and from London I look out the window at the green hills and I sigh with contentment. I'm starting to feel more rooted here, and I don't know if I'm ready to move back to North America. Instead of worrying about it, though, I'm telling myself that I'll wait until I have job offers to make this decision. There are no bad options. I don't feel the need to whip out any O.R. techniques. Yet.
Comments:
I didn't know if you'd return to our blog so I'll thank you here for the recommendation of the Suclabrush. I think I'll get one today and actually use it. I say that because it looks familiar and I think I might have bought one before and never picked up after that. Really like your blog. You've done a good job. Regards.
 
I could Google it I guess, but instead I'll ask, what the heck is a Suclabrush? Jess
 
Sulcabrush: a very good gum-stimulating brush tool, recommended by my dental hygienist and by me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger