Saturday, December 04, 2004
Festive!
John Scalzi takes on sicko Canadian directors, Ayn Rand, the Muppets, and more in The Ten Least Successful Holiday Specials of All Time:
Seasonal material of a sort finally appears in the 23rd minute when Dorothy Parker, already on her fifth drink, can be heard to remark, "one more of these and I'll be sliding down Santa's chimney." The feed was cut shortly thereafter. NBC Red's 1928 holiday special "Christmas with the Fitzgeralds" was similarly unsuccessful.(thanks to Jamie R. at The Perfect World for the link -- his Penguin cards are also festive!)
Comments:
<< Home
"A Canadian Christmas with David Cronenberg"?!?!??
bwahahaahhah!
Oh, GOD! Make it stop! I think I cracked a riB!
bwahahaahhah!
Oh, GOD! Make it stop! I think I cracked a riB!
Brent sent me (and a bunch of other people) this link a few days ago. At first, when I read it on your blog, I thought, "Piffle... I'm so in the loop I didn't even have to read it here." But now I'm wondering if Brent got it himself here, as he's told me that, by odd confluence of events, he's reading your blog these days. Hmm. (Btw, I'm not really anonymous; I'm Rich.)
Hmmm. Perhaps I should do more by way of attributing links. FWIW, I arrived at the Scalzi blog entry by way of InstaPundit.
Brent, posting as "Anonymous"
Post a Comment
Brent, posting as "Anonymous"
<< Home

